I have been sitting here for the past two hours thinking to myself, “do I want pizza or nah?”
1. Be understanding and supportive when your friend is having a hard time.
2. Be interested and excited when something good has happened to your friend.
3. Don’t be a gossip. Think the best of people; not the worst.
4. Remember that a secret … is a secret … is a secret. Don’t pass on what’s been shared in confidence.
5. Be willing to help friends out.
6. Don’t criticise anything about your friend – his/ her clothes, choices, decisions, boyfriends, girl friends etc
7. Show up at events that you friend has invited you to – birthdays, celebratory meals etc.
8. Encourage your friend to dream and be the best person they can be (then affirm, encourage and believe in them as they seek to become that person.)
Why is this such a hard thing to understand. I do this for all my friends. I also drag them by the roots when they don’t follow their passions.